cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New vs existing customers/chat vs online vs phone deals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

My first post and apologies its a bit of a complaint.

As you can make out from the title I have realised there are several inconsistencies in the process of upgrading.

I have been with O2 for more than 2 years and I pay abour 25.50 on a sim only and a month long contract.  I have realised that I can have far more for £26 if I signed up a 2 year contract, eg On and On.  

So firstly, I asked the chat person to check if I get any loyalty rewards for staying on, and she said no.  Straight up.  So I asked her to check if I can have the SGS3 refurb (79 handset plus 26pm for 24 months online ) as free on my contract.  She said that deal is not available on chat.  Thats online only.  As if chatting wasnt online.

So anyways as frustrated as I was I rang up next morning to the upgrade team.  The lady gave me the same answer.  She said that deal is online only and not over the phone.  Strange.

So I logged on to my account and went through to upgrade and to my surprise that phone was not available through upgrade.  Its there for new customers but not for the existing ones through upgrade.

Is that making any sense, firstly I am not offered any discounts compared to the new customers and secondly I cant even have what new customers can.  

Does someone have experience on these kinda issues?

Ta.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You're not the first to have hit this problem, there is a suggested answer here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Not-allowed-to-upgrade-to-a-refurb-phone/m-p/280...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

can anyone tell me if the same mobile deals are available in an 02 store, as im after LG Optimus L3, and i seen it was on offer for £49.99 online and was wondering if that would be the price in an 02 shop aswell. thank you.

Message 3 of 3