cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to technology!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I`m new to the forum and modern technology! I`ve recently swapped my old clam Motorola phone for a Samsung Galaxy Y and am having trouble using it. I tried to download some pictures and music from my computer but when I plugged in the phone to the computer the message `Microsoft is unable to install CDC abstract control model` flashed onto the screen. I texted `Active` to O2 and received an email back saying my phone should now be set up. I switched the phone off and restarted it but still no go! Does anyone know where I`m going wrong? Apart from the obvious, I should have stayed with my old phone, I`d simply like to listed to the odd song and look at some pictures now and again.

And don`t get me started on using the internet on the phone!!!!

Cheers in advance, Nigel.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Don't panic slight_smile

You need to install Kies on your PC which will provide the drivers for your phone. You can then transfer photos, videos and music between the 2 devices http://www.samsung.com/uk/mobileappsandservices/kies.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Don't panic slight_smile

You need to install Kies on your PC which will provide the drivers for your phone. You can then transfer photos, videos and music between the 2 devices http://www.samsung.com/uk/mobileappsandservices/kies.html
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5, thanks for the info. I tried to install Kies but when it came to installing Hotfix the Installshield Wixard just kept on running, reaching within about an inch of the end of the green bar, then starting over again. Is it supposed to do this?

Cheers, Nigel.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooops! Sorry MI5, I didn`t give it long enough to finish slight_smile I`m still plugged in and waiting for the troubleshooting to finish. Many thanks, I`ll let you know how I go on at downloading some songs from my i-tunes stock.

You guys are lifesavers, never mind phone savers ;).

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Make sure you have the box ticked to "convert" files when importing from iTunes through Kies.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5