cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Android update issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello i don't know if you can help me, but my phone updated to the latest andriod version with in the last week, since the update, i keep having issues with my internet connection on my phone, with the signal dropping, phone changing to E or it has a H+ with 2-3 bars and nothing happens, like the moblie data is turned off.

I know its not a network issue as the phone takes around 2-3 min's to load a web page up on wifi too, thats if it loads up, apps like whattsapp can take 5 mins to send a message or it just comes up with connection problem, page cant load.

Is there any way to uninstall the new android update as its used my phone useless and its becoming a problem as i need it for work.

Many thanks Terry.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You don't say which phone you have but often, after a major update, you need to do a factory reset.
Make sure you backup your data first though as it will wipe all user files off the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I just PM'd you to answer this ...but I needn't have bothered ...you already had...:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya, thank you for your quick reply, its a Galaxy S6, im just about to give it a factory rest now 🙂

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Samsung are notorious for this issue so it will definitely fix it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the reboot, it still seems funny with the network signal, but it seems to be working with the wifi now, i have noticed a change with some of my icons too.

Anyway thank you for your help, i see how it goes over the next few days and let you know 🙂

Many thanks, Terry.

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to hear @Anonymous. Welcome to the forum by the way...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know how it.goes for you please.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous how are you getting on with this issue? Are you still having difficulties wit your handset? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9