Specifications

Weight 123g
6.7mm thickness
2GB Ram
Super AMOLED 5 inch screen
13mp camera
16GB Storage with Micro SD slot

My Review

The phone is very thin & light weighing in at a nice 123g. The thinness of the phone is 6.7mm which I at first thought might be bad but I actually quite like it. It's light compared to the iPhone 6 which looks thin & light but is actually a lot heavier.

The screen size is 5 inches, I was after a bigger phone as I was bored of the smaller phones & I was deciding whether to choose the A3 or A5, the A5 won me round on the screen size & thinness. Also I wanted a new Samsung because I like their cameras & the quality is superb.

Inside the phone is a very good long lasting battery. I can use it a lot heavier than an iPhone as the battery life on heavy usage every day & still have at least 30-35% left before back on charge. A normal charge will last me a day but sometimes it will stretch to 2 days.

Camera quality is superb, very clear photos, no blurriness, stays in focus, zooms in on faces in the picture, this phone is actually built to do selfies which is the latest craze. The rear camera is 13mp front camera is 5mp which is to be expected as you only really use the front camera for selfies or video calling.

Talk time is excellent, you can talk for ages without using excessive amount of battery, call quality is pretty good but not if you have people being loud around you.

Now to the Android OS

The phone comes pre installed with KitKat 4.4.4 but once the phone is set up it will download & update to Lollipop 5.0.2. Has the standard features that anyone expects in settings though 3G is known as H on android. You have all the pre installed Samsung & Google apps which I have found useful such as Samsung Smartswitch, I used that to download all my contacts to my A5 from my iCloud account.

Customisation

With Android you have a lot more freedom to customise & personalise the phone to the way you like, you can get many launchers on Google play to download then you open the apps to find new themes to put on your phone or icons, keyboards etc

The phone runs very fast & smoothly. It has 2GB of ram running on Snapdragon 410 Without any issues. I strongly recommend this phone. Much better than previous phones I have used. I will never go back to iOS. I love the freedom of android too much.

Pros

Excellent battery
Superb camera
Freedom to customise

Cons

Call quality is great but not if someone is near you being loud

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Cairdeas wrote:

Very nice review @Anonymous ..and welcome to the joys of android tongue x

@Cairdeas I think the A5 has been relegated to 'back up' phone now?

The review was actually written in September and from his signature @Anonymous appears to have reverted back to the 'dark side' LOL

aww no..how could he? Lol Smiley Very Happy x

giphy-3
Message 21 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Cairdeas wrote:

Very nice review @Anonymous ..and welcome to the joys of android tongue x

@Cairdeas I think the A5 has been relegated to 'back up' phone now?

The review was actually written in September and from his signature @Anonymous appears to have reverted back to the 'dark side' LOL

aww no..how could he? Lol Smiley Very Happy x

Some things baffle me too.....stupid-duh-2.gif

Message 22 of 22