cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on a contract until 9th Oct 2015, but I want to travel to America in September 2014. Will I need to buy my way out of my contract before I go?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Yes, you will have to pay off the remainder of your contract which is the number of months remaining multiplied by your monthly cost, minus any bolt ons or insurance etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

if you're not planning on using your contract abroad it might be a good idea to terminate it early, unless you'll be back in the UK before your contract ends

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Yes, you will have to pay off the remainder of your contract which is the number of months remaining multiplied by your monthly cost, minus any bolt ons or insurance etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You'll need to pay the month's outstanding x the amount per month at the time you cancel.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24074 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

Are you planning to stay in the US until October 2015? If you're going in September of 2014 on a visitor's visa you won't be allowed to stay in the US for that long. Most visitor's visas are only issued for six months.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5