cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto360 broken - need to return

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a Moto360 from O2 online during October 2014.

The button has now stuck in and refuses to work. I tried to return the item to my local O2 shop and they refused to help.

Instead they gave me this number to call - 0344 8090222 but from my Tesco mobile number (I am not an O2 direct customer) it simply says that the number is incorrect. O2 chat told me yesterday that I should call that number on a weekday and it would work. For me it simply does not.

I want to get my Moto360 exchanged or fixed. What is the process please? I've seen the returns forms but they want proof of purchase included and I only have electronic receipts since I bought online direct from O2.

Ideally I would love to speak to a real human on the phone about this issue - any advice on that front or the problem in general?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

For some reason that number doesn't work from a Tesco sim.

Try 0800 840 0202 or 0800 230 0202

Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The number you were given is for an O2 phone (bought from O2 and using O2 network) We had a similar problem recently and you will need to ring that number from a landline. It wont work if there is anything Tesco sim related...

Edit: or as Jonsie has said convert the number given ...as shown by him wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If the OP has online receipts, why can't they print them?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the information on telephone numbers...however....

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I had a call in with Motorola direct at the same time as trying to deal with O2 and now they want the same thing - a receipt.

I have kept every email received from O2 when I placed the order for the watch - the order itself, order confirmation, order waiting dispatch and actually dispatched notifications.

However, O2 never sent a receipt for the payment by email or any other method.

I paid by credit card and i've just sent a copy of that month's statement to Motorola and they say that's not a proof of purchase....so I don't know what to do now.

Sorry to add to the original question, but any idea how I can get a proof of purchase from O2 please?

My order number was KMM1034741880I15977L0KM so if a kindly soul could email a receipt to the email address I have registered on this board that would be perfect!

Thanks all for the help
Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have you looked in MyO2?

If you purchased the phone from O2 it should be in recent order section of MyO2?

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

If you print off from there this has to serve as a proof of payment

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, i've looked there, but thanks anyway.

There's nothing, no record of any purchase, no receipt to print out.

"You don't have any products or services in this My O2 account."

Seems it's only set up for phones and associated accounts.

edit: re 0800 840 0202 or 0800 230 0202

The first number gives me an unrelated recorded message and the second says it's out of service. Any other numbers I can get O2 on please?

Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This one definitely works, just tried it and got straight through to an adviser with no ivr options

0800 587 4005

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks but the number doesn't work from a Tesco phone, apparently they block these numbers.

Anyway, just out of courtesy to yourself and all the people who have tried to help me in this thread, here's the situation.

Having tried everything possible to contact O2 directly and indirectly, I went to my local O2 shop and insisted that they help me.

They didn't want to at first, but after some encouragement a salesperson spent 20 mins on the phone to O2 themselves who eventually agreed to replace my watch.

This morning at 08:30 a new one was delivered and the old one was taken away. At last slight_smile

In conclusion and as advice for other potential buyers of products from O2, be aware that if you're not an O2 telephone customer (with a contract or PAYG account) you are effectively without simple means to contact the company or get anything meaningful done in the event of a problem.

Also, O2 shops won't replace stuff bought online, even in exceptional circumstances.

That said, once a human was found, things were actioned quickly. That tells me the company works but needs to serve "one-off" customers better.

Thanks again

Message 10 of 18