Did you mean: 

More questions one doent like to ask from the little deaf rabbit

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Im about to try a smartphone again. The first was only partially successful

What does one need to do to set up a smartphone when it arrives      as in SMART  rather than phone.

Sync ing       what , how from where  I found something under Account manager on my PC which might be relelvant

Using something other than GOOGLE - yes really.   How do i change or add  eg DUCK DUCK Go which doesnt trace one

Shopping    as above are ther other shopping bags other than Google

Can i delete some of the APPS im never going to use like candy floss , games ,  etc

Little deaf rabbit will stop there for now - i hope you get my drift.    thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

That's easy then as the phone runs on Android.

• To use duckduckgo as your search engine just save this link as your homepage https://duckduckgo.com/
  • You have to use Google to backup and sync (Android is Google, so no getting away from that).
  • Google doesn't force you to shop with them at all, but if you want apps on your phone, Google Play is the safest way of getting them.
  • Any apps that are not system apps, ie required for the phone to work as a phone, can be deleted in your app manager settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
First off we need to know which phone you are going to try?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

the  new phone will be the AMPLICOMS  9500       which has the clearer sound  - fingers crossed.

I tried this before but because I couldnt handle the internet it went back a couple of years ago .

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

That's easy then as the phone runs on Android.

• To use duckduckgo as your search engine just save this link as your homepage https://duckduckgo.com/
  • You have to use Google to backup and sync (Android is Google, so no getting away from that).
  • Google doesn't force you to shop with them at all, but if you want apps on your phone, Google Play is the safest way of getting them.
  • Any apps that are not system apps, ie required for the phone to work as a phone, can be deleted in your app manager settings.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
pressed solved in error , I meant to reply !
Message 5 of 7

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Ive found the online manual . Weekend reading material before the smartphone arrives .

Thanks for your patience

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can unmark it as not solved or report it to a mod for removal.
Happy reading slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7