Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Woes For The Note 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Not good news for Samsung. Complaints that the replacements are overheating.

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2016/09/26/samsung-galaxy-note-7-replacements-in-south-korea-are-report...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Noooo! Man that sucks!. Still it'll take a lot more to even come close the iPhone 7 Plus debacle
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Not good news for Samsung. Complaints that the replacements are overheating.

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2016/09/26/samsung-galaxy-note-7-replacements-in-south-korea-are-report...

That's really worrying @Bambino although the comment 'they should pull all the Note 7's till the issue is sorted' seems a bit confusing to me. I thought that's exactly what Samsung were doing. I know this article is stating the replacements are overheating as well but I haven't heard any other reports of this. To be honest I doubt they would dare release replacements unitl they were sure it was safe to do so. Just my opinion of course,

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
No, I think not.
You see, in real life, the needs of safety far outweigh the demands of the impatient.
I tell you what, we'll let a few iPhones explode, then we'll recall them and then after a month of being messed around (I believe the most you've been waiting so far is 10 days, no?) we'll still have no firm answers or fully working handsets available for you, all whilst you still pay your bill. Hows that sound?
The "iPhone 7 debacle"isn't even in the same league as the note 7 customers yet but its understood iPhone customers don't like feeling left out, or made special. So please, carry on hijacking threads, it's not like there's enough iPhone threads running already.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No offence to you @Bambino but I've never read so much headline grabbing sensationalism.
So much technically wrong in that short page of text is unbelievable!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ1982 This is a thread about the Note7. The iPhone 7 has no relevance here

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Cleoriff The article I posted is referring to an article in the Wall Street Journal, and it appears these incidents are only in South Korea at the moment, but they would be the first to get the replacement phones, so this issue could spread. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it does. In any event, it's not good PR for Samsung.

Yes I agree @MI5, but the article as I said is referring to a WSJ article, which goes into the issue in more detail.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Cleoriff The article I posted is referring to an article in the Wall Street Journal, and it appears these incidents are only in South Korea at the moment, but they would be the first to get the replacement phones, so this issue could spread. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it does. In any event, it's not good PR for Samsung.

Yes I agree @MI5, but the article as I said is referring to a WSJ article, which goes into the issue in more detail.

I agree @Bambino. The last thing Samsung need now....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6971 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Glad I'm not upgrading now slight_smile  hope they sort out not good for samsung at all

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 9 of 9