Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Trouble For Samsung

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This time it's an exploding Galaxy S7 Edge.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/09/construction-worker-sues-samsung-after-suffering-burns-fr...

Please be aware that there is a graphic image of a burned leg at the bottom of the article.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It was interesting reading the comments of the public relating to this issue. A great deal of public outrage obviously, but this comment from someone called 'zombiedog' struck a chord with me...

"Some big leaps in logic connecting 1 phone in millions having a battery failure in the pocket of a heavily active person, to the overall Note issue. People quickly forgetting these kind of failures have, do, and continue to happen in nearly every line to some degree, but this one made headlines because Samsung+fire=clicks right now. There isn't enough evidence to even remotely begin bandying this about in articles as though its definitely connected, and immediately connecting the dots to the note issue is foolish given the circumstances. This whole thing took place MONTHS before the Note fiasco even began but, surprise, its coming up now because someone needs to keep that train rolling and there hasn't been any updates in a while".

It's an alternative thought...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Give that man a cigar.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm not anti-Samsung @Cleoriff, I merely posted the article. I had not read the comments, but that's just one person's opinion. The fact remains that the phone exploded, and there's now a lawsuit. Whether it happened before or after the Note 7 problem isn't the issue. Maybe the article was written just to garner clicks, but I think that's a little far-fetched.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino The negative comments far outweighed that one...and I agree that no phone should explode causing that level of injury. I was simply posting the thoughts of that one person. Yes there is a lawsuit and so there should be.......

Doesn't alter the fact that the media have raised that particular story again purely on the back of the issues with the Note 7. Until I read it, I was unaware that exploding S7's were ever an issue for Samsung. .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I wasn't aware of any S7's exploding either @Cleoriff, but any phone, be it Samsung or other manufacturer exploding because of battery issues is something that people should know about. Samsung's just been unlucky that this issue has happened at a time when they've been in the spotlight for it for several weeks.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thankfully exploding batteries are very rare, but they do and can happen to any type of device that uses lithium battery technology (the list is endless).
The spotlight is on Samsung at the moment so any story regarding their products will make the news and the media will hype it up.
There's no phone history of the reported incident so we don't know what condition it was in, if it had any previous damage, unauthorised repairs, wrong charger used etc etc etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7