cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Tracking - Big Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S111 a couple of months ago, all going well.  I am in the process of trying to pass my old Samsung Galaxy GT19000 to my husband (this will be his first smartphone!).  Before I could do this we needed to wipe the old data from the phone, and before we could do this, we were alerted to the fact that I had put a  mobile tracker on the phone when I purchased it two years ago.  You had to go through this step to do a factory reset.  I had carefully written down the number, eight digits.  No, it is not letters or a combination, only the numerical keyboard available for this.

The system will simply not recognise the numbers.  I have a feeling that this is now going to cause us big problems.  I have proof of purchase, etc. and apparently my options are: to pay a lot of money and get Samsung to flash the phone or a bit less to ask my more convenient phone shop to do the job.  Is flashing the last resort? 

Is there anything else that I could try? Cannot believe these numbers do not work to take us to the next stage, I am convinced these are the correct numbers and recorded in appropriate part of my manual.  My D is now receiving text messages to say that her father has the phone and it has been located.  Yes, its in our house, currently useless.

Any ideas would be very welcome.  Thanks for reading my tale of woe.  Very reluctant to install the mobile tracker onto my new phone after this.

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147220 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
You need to just answer the questions I ask please... I am assuming you are trying to reset through the menu options....?
Can you try this for me.
1 - Turn off phone
2 - Hold Vol Up + Home together
3 - Keep holding the buttons and also press the power key.
4 - Hold all three for about 3 secs until you see a green android logo appear on screen, then let go.
This should take you into the bootloader. (hopefully).
You will see a menu on screen, one choice of which is "Factory reset/delete all user data".
Use the vol up/down key to highlight this option and press the power key.
Phone should reset.
Next choose the first line of the menu "reboot" and press power again.
Phone should restart in factory mode and you can set it up again as new.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something like this could always be someone looking to remove any security on a phone they don't own but I musy be honest your case seems genuine slight_smile

Not sure what tracker you have installed, however you could always try and flash the phone yourself.

Samsung have software you can install (Kies I think?) which you can restore/reset/recover your phone.

Tried this?

Message 2 of 18

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23564 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

You can try to do a factory reset. A look in your user manual should explain how to do it. If you don't have the manual any more you can probably Google it and find it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you not contact the company you purchased the software off to ask them how the code can be circumvented.

Or look at the faqs on their home page.

It does sound like you will have to flash the phone.

Hope you get sorted.
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, we were trying to do a factory reset ourselves but get blocked by this screen, we cannot get past it to do anything.  Yes, we are genuine, I totally agree about the security issue but we do have proof of purchase, etc. 

I have tried Kies in the past, painful experience but would be willing to try it again if it were a viable solution.  What do we do, just log in and then take all the data off the phone, without reinstalling it?  Would my husband's own sim card work in this phone then?

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

The tracker option was on the phone already, I did not install it.

Message 6 of 18

Bambino
  • 23564 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

There is a member of the forum who is very knowledgeable about Samsungs. Hopefully he will see this thread and be able to help with a solution. Apart from that, you might want to try what BandofBrothers has suggested and contact the developer of the app that has locked you out to see if they can help.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much, I will keep an eye on the forum.  Difficult to track (excuse the pun) down the developer as this was not an app but a pre-installed option where you ticked the box or left it blank.  I am at a loss myself as I know what the numbers are but do not understand why they do not work.  Its a pity that there is not an Administrator of the system who keeps a log of the nos. and can reset them, as they do for passwords on many sites, to be used in conjunction with memorable words, etc. for security.  Just glad its not online banking.......  I won't do this again.

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks very much, I will keep an eye on the forum.  Difficult to track (excuse the pun) down the developer as this was not an app but a pre-installed option where you ticked the box or left it blank.  I am at a loss myself as I know what the numbers are but do not understand why they do not work.  Its a pity that there is not an Administrator of the system who keeps a log of the nos. and can reset them, as they do for passwords on many sites, to be used in conjunction with memorable words, etc. for security.  Just glad its not online banking.......  I won't do this again.

Save yourself a lot of hassle and just restore the software.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00048586/52928

The above will lt you do an emergency recovery, it will wipe everything.

BEst way if you are giving the phone to someone else.

Message 9 of 18

Bambino
  • 23564 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

Good luck @Butterfingers. Hope you get this sorted. Let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 18