cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Broadband Device - delete messages?

Tempname57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am logged into my Huawei device and looking at multiple 'text' messages. The little 'bin icon' which you tick to then delete each message simply does not delete as it should. Any tips?

In addition, I have now cancelled my 30-day contract as I've found a deal too good to turn away. My device still shows the name of the network as 'O2' but I want to change it (and the password, etc) via the 'system' option/button. Could anyone tell me if changing this will affect my ongoing connectivity?

Many thanks for any assistance offered.

Incidentally, In the last few months I've received 2 scam messages - that are unread - yet O2 have charged me £3.75 for each one. I obviously want to delete them - without reading...

Dave C

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Tempname57 you must take action against these scam messages first thing to get a refund of the charges https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Changing the network name won't affect your connection, but it should change automatically. This may also be a reason why you cannot delete messages as it sounds like it's not registering or connecting correctly.

I'd try removing the device and software and starting over with a new connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Tempname57 you must take action against these scam messages first thing to get a refund of the charges https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Changing the network name won't affect your connection, but it should change automatically. This may also be a reason why you cannot delete messages as it sounds like it's not registering or connecting correctly.

I'd try removing the device and software and starting over with a new connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Tempname57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5

Ok, frstly thanks so much for the quick and informative reply and advice. 

I have requested and had two refunds from O2 for the scam/s - the first one, last October was relatively easy to obtain; the second one last week was a fight but they eventually gave in, and rightly so. 

After reading your message, I get why the messages are 'non-deleteable' - of course, my account is probably in some kind of limbo. I would really like to get rid of the messages - especially the scam messages - before I change over to the new network - so I'll give your advice a try I think. I also wondered if it might change automatically once the 30-day notice period is over, but I'm too impatient to wait. 

If this works, I'm not sure I'll be able to get back on this forum and say thanks, but I'll give it a go!

Thanks, MI5

Dave C

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Your login details should still work here Dave @Tempname57 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4