cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging and templates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if there's a facility within the messaging app on a Samsung Galaxy S3 to allow use of templates, similar to the Nokia system?

I presume the info is not in the Galaxy manual, as it's an app, not the phone itself?

With the old Nokia, I'm able to save 'special' messages, such as "Just arrived" or "Sorry will be late" for almost instant recall. Saves a lot of time entering text! I'd like to be able to do that on the Galaxy.

I realise that it may be my fault and a learning curve, but so far I can't figure a method.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2 don't support text receipts unless you type *0# at the start of your message.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Text templates can be found by pressing menu (in the message app) and then text templates. You can add your own or edit the default ones. To use templates, go to compose a message and press menu, then add text, a menu pops up allowing you to select text templates from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Text templates can be found by pressing menu (in the message app) and then text templates. You can add your own or edit the default ones. To use templates, go to compose a message and press menu, then add text, a menu pops up allowing you to select text templates from there.

Slight difference in method but it works like a charm, thanks. slight_smile

After pressing Menu, I had to press Settings before I got to Text Templates to edit them.

Next question:

I have set Message Receipts to On, but they don't seem to be working. The old Vodafone service used this, does O2 provide the same service?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2 don't support text receipts unless you type *0# at the start of your message.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit of a pain, but it works, thanks. My wife's grateful too. slight_smile

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5
Do you know how to do this on an Glaxay S2?
I don't have the same options as the S3.
Thanks
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi MI5
Do you know how to do this on an Glaxay S2?
I don't have the same options as the S3.
Thanks
I don't think so, not in the stock message app, but you could try using Go SMS off play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jb.gosms&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I'll take a look and stop trying to find something that isn't there!
Blobsky
Message 8 of 8