Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

For those interested, Samsung have begun a preview program for Mashamallow on the S6 and S6 Edge.

To join you must have a Samsung Account, then download the "Galaxy Care" application from the Google Play store (it can also be found in Galaxy Apps) and select 'Join Beta' from the app.

NB: I believe you need to have a unbranded version of the handsets, so just a heads up on that before everyone advises they cannot see the app.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Probably not. Mine is red and it's there to show power save is enabled.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to assume this update is over Samsung Kies like previous ones.

Message 22 of 25

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Should be OTA too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.

I have an S6 from O2 (I suspect locked to O2 as well) and want to get root like I have with all my other samsung phones but I have a few apps that need the knox to be valid for it to use the fingerprint reader.

When I first powered it up like a total noob I let the OTA update run taking me to version 6.0.1

Current build number is now MMB29K.G920FXXS4DPG2

Baseband version G920FXXS4DPG1

Kernel version 3.10.61-7884513

Knox version 2.6

Android security patch level 1 July 2016

I have already found out that the ping-pong root method does not work, I suspect that is due to me being a plumb and running the update.

My question is.... If I get the earlier firmware from sammy and flash that with Odin is that going to trip knox?

Any help and advice you could give would be great.

Thanks.

Stu.

Message 24 of 25

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Yes any downgrade of firmware will trip know.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 25