Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a call

Bikerkev
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I ask my phone to make a call by voice command but it then tells me to unlock device before it will make the call, which is a problem if your driving, does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bikerkev 

Go into smartlock in settings and allow the cars bluetooth connection to keep the phone unlocked.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bikerkev
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its not just in my car but also if I'm just sat at home and try to use voice command to make a call it asking me to unlock device before making the call which sort of defeats the reason of having voice command call making really

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You can't get around that when at home unless you turn off your screen lock.

You originally asked about in car and the answer I gave above will fix that for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Bikerkev
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't have to turn my screen lock off with my S8 so why do I have to do it with an S20?

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Enhanced security I guess.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bikerkev 

You can unlock screen with voice control by going again to smart lock and setting up "trusted voice"

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7