cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Majour problem with Galaxy S3 (O2 Branded)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, been having some pretty majour issues with my Galaxy S3, first time it happened was Friday night (just gone) I left my phone on the side of my sofa and basically had not touched it all evening. Went to pick it up to put it on charge before I go to bed and notice I had got the blue and cyan LED flashing as if the phone was booting but it was completely unresponsive. I pressed and held the power (lock button) till it rebooted then it just went into a continuous loop of the O2 splash screen and the SAMSUNG logo. Then a haptic vibrate, then the O2 Splash screen again, took the battery out and tried restarting with no luck.

I did a factory reset with the vol up, home button and power button procedure and everything was fine. Unfortunately lost some data but I do keep everything backed up with my dropbox so it's fine.

Anyway, Sunday night (last night) exactly the same thing happened. However this time I selected "format cache partition" in the reset device screen thingy. As just thought to myself it's worth a try. And hey ho, the phone started and everything is fine except my application defaults have all reset but that's not a majour problem.

There are 2 apps I have installed over the last week which are new, they are "noom coach" (because i'm dieting lol) and Touchpal keyboard, a friend suggested I should try it instead of swiftkey.

The device was updated to 4.1.2 pretty much the day o2 released it and was updated OTA, then a hard reset was applied after the update with a full restore.

Any ideas what is causing this? I was thinking it could be a bad app so have removed "noom coach" to see if it does it still with Touchpal installed.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd agree with your bad app theory. Power saving apps and task killers can cause problems too if you have any of those installed at all........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't have any power saving apps installed as I always think their a gimmick and they only activate/deactivate features that the phone already has.

I did have Kaspersky Antivirus installed too, which is rather invasive with all the administrator access and stuff like that, so I have now opted for Lookout security.

Although I have had Kaspersky installed since I have owned an android device, their last few updates havn't been very friendly with my S3.

Also noticed another problem, the phone is taking ages to charge now although I think the device may have reset its battery configuration (the lithium memory on the device) when I formatted the cache partition. So that will hopefully rectify itself.

Thanks for the reply, and for confirming my thoughts!

Message 3 of 3