Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working since tariff change

Clareyfairy91
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

it might be total coincidence, but since i changed to a sim only tariff online, i have not been able to send MMS messages. i have spoken to the reps at 02 who say i now need a new sim card, but just very strange to suddenly happen like that. However, i asked around and several of my friends in the local area (Poole, Dorset) cannot send MMS - using differnt handset makes (mine is an HTC wildfire s)

Just wondered if anyone else is having this problem?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Clareyfairy91
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

hi, thanks for all info, i spoke to the reps (twice via phone, once via online), went through all the settings - all were correct, even re-entered a new APN, still not solved problem. I texted 2020, but that did not help either. must be as they say, a sim card fault, just odd that its 3 local friends too, all different hand sets, but all with 02. we cannot send - it just times out, no error message. hopefully new sim will solve all! 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Clarefairy.

Is it coming up with an error message, or is the recipient simply not receiving the messages?

Try texting active to 2020. A tariff change shouldn't normally affect it, but it's worth a shot.

Just in case it can't accept settings via text (off the top of my head I can't remember)
When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.
Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless & networks
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN
Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly MMS then tap OK
Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
Skip past Server as this is preset as Not set
Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK
Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK
Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK
Press the Menu key
Tap Save
Press the Back key four times to return to the standby screen.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You could try phoning O2 Cs, NOT live chat and ask them to provision your account for MMS.

202 Contract.
4445 Payg.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous That is a very full and helpful explanation (hence kudo). Hopefully that resolves the query for the OP
Message 4 of 7

Clareyfairy91
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

hi, thanks for all info, i spoke to the reps (twice via phone, once via online), went through all the settings - all were correct, even re-entered a new APN, still not solved problem. I texted 2020, but that did not help either. must be as they say, a sim card fault, just odd that its 3 local friends too, all different hand sets, but all with 02. we cannot send - it just times out, no error message. hopefully new sim will solve all! 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Very weird !

Take into account a sim swap can take up to 24 hours but can be quicker to settle and turning your phone off and on or activating airplane mode helps the reset.

Ensure you ask for the correct account type blank sim if your picking one up from an O2 shop. They'll do the swap in house for you.

I prefer to use iMessage (iPhone) or what's app / viber (recipient is required to have downloaded this also )as cheaper alternatives to what the Network charges. Or use e mail.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 6 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

as you say it is affecting 3 others on o2 locally could be a network issue check the live status checker for your postcode http://status.o2.co.uk/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 7