Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Anonymous

MMS Set up on Galaxy Ace GT-S5830

Struggling with this. Been thro the PICON / ACTIVE route and subsequently, in desperation, through Customer Care who "sent over the Settings". But where/how do I accept/install them (assuming my action is needed)? How do I know they've updated the system?

After Customer Care's action, an icon resembling a mixture of message & settings icons (which incidentally isn't listed in the Samsung "complete" on-line documentation) appeared in the top LH corner of the screen. But what does it mean? What action should I take and how. An accompanying/following text from O2 said "Your phone should now be set up ......and switch the handset set/off if problems". Did the latter but still no joy. HELP! Incidentally, when I purchased the Samsung (from an O2 shop) the SIM card from my old Motorola was installed.

Thanks in advance.

Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,931

Re: MMS Set up on Galaxy Ace GT-S5830

[ Edited ]

Normally you would open the text message and then go into options and select 'save'.

Not sure whether that should be the same for the Galaxy Ace.

You may have to contact customer service and ask them to ensure that media messaging is provisioned on your account.

You can also enter the settings manually http://bit.ly/HFtpFp