Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone Found But Blacklisted

alex282
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I lost my old phone for around 2 years and reported it as lost to o2 so that I could use the same number on my new phone. When I got the old phone back I got someone to try their sim in it (mines is now micro instead of mini so won't fit) and it has been blacklisted so cannot be used as a phone. How can I ask to have the blacklist removed from the IMEI number? I am the person who reported it as lost and got it blacklisted in the first place

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@alex282 

Give customer service a call Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@alex282 

Give customer service a call Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@alex282 After you have customer service remove the phone from the blacklist you could either use it again with a sim card adapter or recycle it to a place like CEX or similar and get a little cash for it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@alex282 wrote:

I lost my old phone for around 2 years and reported it as lost to o2 so that I could use the same number on my new phone. When I got the old phone back I got someone to try their sim in it (mines is now micro instead of mini so won't fit) and it has been blacklisted so cannot be used as a phone. How can I ask to have the blacklist removed from the IMEI number? I am the person who reported it as lost and got it blacklisted in the first place

Hey @alex282 

Hope you can sort something out with your phone soon !

Lots of best wishes and welcome to the o2 Community Forum

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 4