Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for S5, now live!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Lollipop, lollipop, where for art thou lollipop?

I am here, says Lollipop while standing atop a shiny Samsung Galaxy S5!

Okay enough of the ye olde talk – Lollipop means business. If you thought Jellybean was buttery smooth, then you’ve not seen what Lollipop can do. This is a major platform update and isn’t just a collection of minor bug fixes or anything like that… This is a full blown update – new eye candy, new & fresh menus, new features – all while keeping the system running smooth & fluid while keeping your battery life in check too. You can find out here what Lollipop can do > http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

The update is now live via KIES and should be live via OTA update towards the end of the week, so go grab it now and let us know your thoughts on the new update

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
1 - If you have more than one launcher on the phone you need to set Touch Wiz as the default.
2 - If you have a security lock on lock screen (anything other than swipe to unlock) you will need to enter pin (or other security unlock) to access the pull down menu.
There would be no point having a lock if anyone could just pull down the screen to read notifications.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 141 of 218

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Swipe down is just as it was before, no point in having a pin, password or fingerprint lock if you can swipe down and have access to notifications, settings etc

Message 142 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes thats right, thats what i ment

quoting MI5

" No, he meant do a factory reset before upgrading to lollipop and then again afterwards.
If you try and flash back to KK you risk blowing the Knox fuse and your warranty. "

Message 143 of 218

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will be getting the S5 next week when my contract expires and upgrade.

I assume it wont come with Lollipop automatically installed, so should i bother to update or just stay on whatever version of kitkat the phone comes with?

Message 144 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Personally I'd wait for 5.01 but make sure you turn off automatic updates or else the phone will keep bugging you to update it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 145 of 218

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Personally I'd wait for 5.01 but make sure you turn off automatic updates or else the phone will keep bugging you to update it.

Yea i do that with my s3. Still on 4.1.2 as heard 4.3 is buggy so rather not update

Message 146 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I put a CR on my S3 years ago so never had that problem..
It's running 5.01 now but heavily modified.

Currently using:
Message 147 of 218

athgen1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 63 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Updated my S5 to Lollipop several days ago; 150mb ish file. Phone works fine. Yesterday another OTA of 269MB; updated but phone still says 5.0. So far phone still working fine. Not had chance to test battery consumption yet.

Is this 5.0.?; but the phone only shows 5.0?

Message 148 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No it's a bug fix for Ver 5.0

Currently using:
Message 149 of 218

athgen1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 63 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank you.

Seems a bit large for a bug fix.

Message 150 of 218