cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockscreen Notifactions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.

Just got HTC One mini and upgraded fro 4.2 to 4.3. Can anyone tell me (idiots guide please) how to see text messages , calls etc on lockscreen. I have been trying for a day to set this up and followed every tut I can find but my messages are still only showing in the top bar , not on the lockscreen. I dont see the option on phone anywhere to personalise lockscreen. I love this phone but I want the notifactions on the lockscreen similar to the ios system. Can anyone help.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No mate not a dealbreaker but just something that should work

Agreed.

Frustrating Crazy

Message 11 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Interested to know if it is an app conflict as it's working fine on mine and checked with a mate on the same firmware and his working too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi . No its not a conflict as I uninstalled contacts plus and still nothing , just appears in the top bar. The other thing is that on the lock screen when I swipe left to get the + sign I only have a few widgets that I can add , gmail , calender , calculator etc but no messages app or widget.

Message 13 of 20

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No, there isn't a messages app widget you can add, they just show as a banner on the main lock screen.
I assume you have rebooted the phone? If so it's looking like a full reset......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

rebooted the phone , same result. Full reset it is tomorrow then but not hopeful , baffling!!!

Message 15 of 20

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Let us know what happens....

Currently using:
Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well just done a good bit of reading on some forums and it seems this is a bug from HTC or Android 4.3. Lots of people with the same issue. Have to use something from market until a fix is implemented. Not sure if I can post the link to the forum I found it on but if allowed I will post link , may help someone else.

Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I guess that may be part of the reason that HTC have pulled the 4.3 update - Some people have reported bugs but I guess I've been lucky as not found any yet.....?
You can post the link to Toby in a private message if you're not sure and he will confirm if you can post it or not, but in general as long as it's not a commercial website you should be OK.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Far as I ca see its not a commercial site so here gos , if its wrong please remove it. Three pages makes interesting reading.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2574339

Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
XDA links should be fine wink

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20