cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last piece of info before buying

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a new Android and O2 customer. Current contract and phone is with Three and a succession of Apple products (3GS, 4S, iPad Macbook Pro).

Recently I dropped my iPhone from 60ft and it didn't survive. At the same time I could not get Three reception at all and despite promises, I have seen no improvement to their network in the areas I work/live in - Scotland.

Went to local O2 shop and got a PAYG Galaxy Y as a temporary measure. Although it's very limited, I like Android.

So now I've played with a S3 on O2 and a Note 2 on Three. I'm likely to get the Note 2 on O2. My question is... is there anything specific about the O2 Note 2 that 'cripples' it - compared to a SIM free one? There is very little in the way of detailed specs on the website.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Shouldn't make any difference if you have the O2 version except that O2 can occasionally be slow with firmware updates. Samsung phones are easy to debrand to network free though so if it bothers you just change the device firmware wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2