Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V10 "coming soon" to UK

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Just catching up on some news and found this little snippet - very interesting for those looking at an upgrade or something different.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v10_is_on_its_way_to_the_uk-news-15326.php

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Looks nice @gmarkj 5.7 screen as well. I wonder how much it will cost here? (they seem to have dragged their heels about it's release in Europe)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 22

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Amazon.com has them listed for 636-680 USD, while the G4 is 430-440.

At current exchange rates that would put them at around 420 GBP, while the G4 is 285.

Rather perversely, if you buy it through an American carrier you also get a 64gb card, extra battery and charging cradle. For 600 USD!! Or on contract for 75/month (25 for the phone and 50 for the line rental).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sooooo...what's it to be then @gmarkj? If my memory serves me well....you were teetering on the edge of buying the Z5 Premium....and hoping that Santa thought you had been good?Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Be wary of buying through an American carrier. Apart from the fact that you would be sent a charger with a US plug, you would also most likely be charged import duty, which would put the cost of the device up significantly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
and it would be locked too, I guess?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 22

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I just looked on the Amazon US site and you can get an unlocked International Version, but it comes with no warranty. Pretty big risk to take when spending that kind of money. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 22

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Cleoriff - not going to be doing anything soon - buying presents more than getting them means funds are no where near what would be required to get one!!

@Bambino - thanks for the heads up re warranties, and import taxes. Hadn't thought of that one!

Was just posting the news for those who are window shopping for a new phone/gadget/toy before their contract is up.

Considering up until now LG were refuting releasing this to the UK/Europe it now appears as though they have made a u-turn - or someone has realised that if the network radios are becoming more common if makes sense to send it out to as wide a market as possible!!

Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes the import taxes are mentioned briefly in the article by one of the posters....maybe affecting EU imports as well...??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There is one available on the Amazon UK site, but it's £519 and the one review giving it one star says the one on offer isn't the UK version and won't work on most UK networks. If you were interested in it, I'd wait to see if it was going to be made more widely available (and for the price to come down), and to buy it here to make sure you'd get a warranty. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 22