cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Nexus 5x warranty period.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With my nexus 5x currently out for repair with o2 for the now well documented ' Google boot loop' issue i tried to find out how long the warranty is. I know 24 months is usual, but a motorola handset from a supermarket network was only 12 months as i found to my cost!

I cant seem to fnd much on the o2 web site except for something that mentioned that the periods differ between handsets and to check with the manufacturer. The Lg website states that warranty periods on its mobile devices can differ depending on where the handset was purchased so i'm struggling to find out where I stand. Can anyone shed any light, thanks. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It appears to be 12 months unless you purchase "Nexus Protect"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It appears to be 12 months unless you purchase "Nexus Protect"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks. I just wish o2 made it clearer. Carphone Warehouse have a page dedicated to showing warranty periods on devices bought from them. Lg phones by the way on that page show them having 24 months cover. I may have to ring up 202 to get a definitive answer probably. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Calling should be the best way to check.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Just to point out that LG appear to be offering a refund on handsets in some cases rather than a repair.
The link below is from a US site though, so may not apply here...
http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-faulty-nexus-5x-refunds-732024/

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Contact LG directly or Google.
OS failure due to provided software fault should be exempt from standard warranty and would be covered by a service guarantee.
But only direct with Google/LG
Message 6 of 6