cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Nexus 5x android 7 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
The latest Android 7 update was released last Monday but is yet to reach my Nexus 5x. I'm wondering if o2 ( or any network) have any say in when this might arrive or is it purely down to google/LG. I thought nexus phones were unlocked and network free but I could be wrong. Could anyone shed any light. Thanks
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According to this it has already started rolling out for your device @Anonymous but it 'could be weeks before you get it'   http://www.androidauthority.com/android-7-0-update-679175/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According to this it has already started rolling out for your device @Anonymous but it 'could be weeks before you get it'   http://www.androidauthority.com/android-7-0-update-679175/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Android updates get released in stages. The networks have no control over them at all. From what I've been reading, most of the improvements from Marshmallow to Nougat are under the hood. Your phone will get the update eventually. Just be patient.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Purely down to Google when your phone gets it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks everybody. It's an improvement in battery life I am hoping for really as it's not great. Mind you, I was spoilt by the battery on my previous Sony z3 compact as it was brilliant.
Message 5 of 10

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
You're not alone, I'm still waiting for Nougat on my 5x too, we just need a bit of patience. Hopefully the update will drop in the next couple of weeks.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the update arrived on Wednesday morning and I'm pleased. As hoped battery life is better , in fact much better than I could have hoped for ( so far anyway). After 10 hours out at work I'm around 20% up compared to before, which is not far off my old Sony performance now. Excellent!!
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whaaat....
I'm still waiting on my Nexus 6p
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
What phone are you using ?
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using a 5x. Surprised you haven't got it yet but I'm sure it won't be long. On a separate note. Does the usb c lead click in to place on the 6p as mine keeps failing out with no click at all. The plug end though has a real positive click to it. I'm not sure it ever has clicked really. I've tried 3 different leads and swapped the ends over etc but with no real difference. Thanks.
Message 10 of 10