Did you mean: 

LG G5 GPS - not finding any satellites

cmgibbs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello.

I've recently tried using the location services on my LG G5 device and noticed it was very inaccurate. After trying the different accuracy settings (network+wifi, gps, both) it seems the GPS doesn't work at all - when set to use GPS only there is no location detection whatsoever. When trying GPS Status applications there is no connection and the 'Time To Find' number just steadily increases (over 10 minutes, for example) without any change.

I have tried restarting and resetting the phone, neither has had any effect. Users on other networks seem to think the 'v10d' software update may have resolved this issue but this is not yet available on O2.

So, next steps I need advice on:

1- Can I update to 'v10d' software using the VODAFONE update file, or is this a bad idea?

2- When will O2 release the 'v10d' software update for LG G5?

3- Do I need to have my phone replaced (hardware issue)?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

An interesting  post as I have just started having the same problem with my HTC phone. Still trying to determine whether it is hardware or software related.

i have been through a factory reset , deleted some of the latest apps and have not been able to fix the problem. 

Looking for for a means of testing the GPS .

steve

Message 21 of 21