Did you mean: 

LG G5 GPS - not finding any satellites

cmgibbs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello.

I've recently tried using the location services on my LG G5 device and noticed it was very inaccurate. After trying the different accuracy settings (network+wifi, gps, both) it seems the GPS doesn't work at all - when set to use GPS only there is no location detection whatsoever. When trying GPS Status applications there is no connection and the 'Time To Find' number just steadily increases (over 10 minutes, for example) without any change.

I have tried restarting and resetting the phone, neither has had any effect. Users on other networks seem to think the 'v10d' software update may have resolved this issue but this is not yet available on O2.

So, next steps I need advice on:

1- Can I update to 'v10d' software using the VODAFONE update file, or is this a bad idea?

2- When will O2 release the 'v10d' software update for LG G5?

3- Do I need to have my phone replaced (hardware issue)?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd say you have tried and tested everything and proven it to be hardware related, so my next stop would be to give LG a call http://www.lg.com/uk/support/contact/telephone
and I would certainly be sending it to them directly for a repair rather than O2.
Give them a call as they might have some ideas that we haven't thought of.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
1 - I don't suggest you try that - By all means use the LG update tool to get the latest unbranded firmware but I would avoid using other networks as it may have specific tweaks which may effect your usage
2 - @Chris_K should be able to answer that.
3 - Only if firmware doesn't fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
PS - I assume you are trying to get your 1st fix when outside and not indoors?

Currently using:
Message 3 of 21

cmgibbs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello MI5, thank you for the speedy reply!

I will have a look into the LG update tool and see if there is the option to make an update with an unbranded version of the firmware. I'll let you know!

(edit: and yes, I'm trying when I'm outdoors!)

Message 4 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@cmgibbs Silly question probably, but have you switched Location to On in your settings?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 21

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
According to his first post he has, yes.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 21

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I don't actually see where he said that he's switched it on? As I didn't see it, I thought it was worth asking.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
He said he'd tried the different modes which can't be selected unless the location slider switch is set to on.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Okay. I'm not familiar with that phone. I don't think I have options of modes on mine.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I would have thought you should have?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21