cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Anyone experienced problems with LG G4, where the phone won't start up, or gets to the LG Life is good screen and turns off? Tried to do a hard reset but, when I go to the option to erase all data, I press yes and the phone just freezes.

Its still in warranty, purchased on 7/6/2015, but any ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Prem

Message 1 of 229
228 REPLIES 228

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Well hopefully they will repair it under the warranty with no references to user damage. If they ask for money, get them to send the phone back with no physical signs of damage and then deal with LG. Hope all goes well.

Message 11 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jonsie, already struggling a little with O2, trying to track my device. Finally got the Telefon_BK tracking reference, but the site (https://diagnostics.o2.co.uk/track-my-repair) is not working correctly currently. After speaking to customer care, they have received the device, but was showing as out of warranty, customer care rang the repair centre and they were awaiting proof of purchase. Wouldn’t the store have put that in the details when they sent it off? Anyway a quick email sorted that from customer care and the phone will be returned to me repaired within a maximum of 3 working days. Not holding my breath, but let’s wait and see….

Message 12 of 229

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Fingers crossed for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had another nightmare day with O2 today, more staff telling me I only have 12 months warranty.I finally received the correct tracking reference from the chat operator today, why did they not text or email this to me? Would make it so much easier.

After tracking my item online once it got to the repair team, it said my phone was out of warranty, so I was running round in circles trying to prove my date of purchase (07/06/2015), I rang customer care around midday today, and they said they would send the proof of purchase onto the repair team and for me to wait 24 hours. I then receive a text around 16:05 telling me "Sorry, but the phone isn't covered by warranty. But we'll give you a repair quote. Just call the shop on 02073746840", I then get the quote via the tracking number, asking for £25 to fix my issue as my device it out of warranty. So i called up customer care\repair team to again get this rectified, they said that the Proof of Purchase email the agent sent earlier in the day was incorrect, as she sent off something to do with third party insurance and this guy said they would send the correct proof of purchase tomorrow morning, when the lady who deals with this returns to work, he has emailed her, this does not fill me with confidence, so i have requested a copy of the POP myself to go hand into the store, I returned my phone to tomorrow morning and watch them make the call to the repair team. The manager at the London Wall Branch also wasn't very complimentry about Anovo, again doen't feel me with confidence! Wish me luck tomorrow!

Message 14 of 229

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I do wish you the very best of luck.

I was quite shocked to see the warranty on the LG support pages....

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/warranty

Untitled.jpg

Message 15 of 229

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Unfortunately it's going exactly as I feared!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 229

Cleoriff
  • 122135 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

How on earth can a warranty be dependent on where you bought it? What does that even mean?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 229

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
I read it that LG only offer 12 months but your mobile network may cover it for 2 years.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 229

Cleoriff
  • 122135 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

A poorly constructed statement though!

"Where you bought it" denotes a vicinity /place/ area

So...if I bought it in London I would get 'this' warranty...if I purchased it in the Midlands I would get 'the other' warranty.....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 229

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
I guess geography could make a difference too but more likely by country rather than city.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 229