cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Anyone experienced problems with LG G4, where the phone won't start up, or gets to the LG Life is good screen and turns off? Tried to do a hard reset but, when I go to the option to erase all data, I press yes and the phone just freezes.

Its still in warranty, purchased on 7/6/2015, but any ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Prem

Message 1 of 229
228 REPLIES 228

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It should work on either of those screens so I guess they have sent you the wrong code or the sim you are trying isn't active.....(but you said it was)...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 221 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

possbly the code the sims were out of the gfs phone and my daughters phone

Message 222 of 229

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Are you sure it's an unlock code and not a PUK ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 223 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

Service provider lock did not work for me as instructed by O2, but network lock did. Please check that the IMEI number you have received in the unlatching email matches the phone you are trying to unlock. My unlock code was 16 digits long.

Message 224 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have an LG G4 which was a replacement from O2 as the previous was faulty - when I came to try to unlock this (since 12/08/17) O2 are unable to do this - the answer at the beginning being not an O2 phone which is crazy - almost two months later it is still unresolved - I have spoken, online chatted and emailed but to no avail - yet again O2 suggest it has to be done by manufacturer but I have spoken to LG and they say it is not true HELP!

Message 225 of 229

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We had a long running discussion about this on here and with the Twitter support team who were never able to give an acceptable answer unfortunately.
They keep saying the same things, sending people round in circles with no resolution.

Currently using:
Message 226 of 229

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Going to ask some obvious questions, but they need to be checked.
Where did you get the original phone from - direct from o2, or through a 3rd party such as Carphone Warehouse?
Have you checked that the phone is actually locked? (IE, tried another provider SIM card)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 228 of 229

Federica
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I have the same problem with an LG G7 thinQ! I am trying to unlock it but I can’t insert the code because when I go to step 2 it says “Your phone is not personalised” and when I try to insert a different SIM card it says Network locked! Have you solved the problem?
😫
Message 229 of 229