cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Anyone experienced problems with LG G4, where the phone won't start up, or gets to the LG Life is good screen and turns off? Tried to do a hard reset but, when I go to the option to erase all data, I press yes and the phone just freezes.

Its still in warranty, purchased on 7/6/2015, but any ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Prem

Message 1 of 229
228 REPLIES 228

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

What was the last advice we gave you? Was it to call LG?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 181 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby

Latest Update:

I have been asked to contact LG late last night by O2 chat, which i did this morning. LG say they require proof that my original phone was unlocked by O2. I then went back to O2 to request this, but they are unable to provide with this proof. All i have is Proof of Purchase, Repair Note after the received my fixed phone back and an unlatcing code that i received for my old IMEI from O2 on Saturday. I have uploaded this to the LG site and waiting for a response.

O2 have also re-escalated my unlatching request to the A-Team with Full case history. I have to wait another 7 working days for a result, the same message i keep getting of "not an O2 device", or just be blanked.

I have pretty much reached the end of my tether with this now, but I'm in a bit of limbo, as when i received the incorrect unlatching code, they provided me with instructions seen below. When i get to step 2 it says "Your phone is not Personalised" with Dismiss as the only option. So no where i can enter the unlock code, even if i go to an external site and get a code, i presume i still have to follow the same instructions. People on the forum and the net say that with the message of not personalised it means the phone is already unlocked, but i have tried several sims and they come up with network locked.

1. 2945#*815# an unlock menu will automatically appear
2. Select Service Provider Lock.
3. Enter the unlock code SIM_Unlock ** and press ok the handset will be
reset automatically.
4. Switch off the handset insert the SIM card for the new network and then
switch the handset back on the phone is unlocked and ready for use.

Note** In most cases the required unlock code will be the SIM unlock
code. However on occasion it might be necessary to be used the SP_Lock
instead. If both codes are available please used the SIM_Unlock first.

Message 182 of 229

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi prem,
You have a DM from me. :).
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 183 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tobycheers Toby have replied with the requested details.

Message 184 of 229

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hi  @premkn! ! Toby told me about your issues and we will talk to the rest of the team about it now slight_smile

cheers

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 185 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to confirm LG will not unlock phones unless they have been repaired by LG.

Message 186 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MercedesSThanks so much slight_smile and thanks @Toby

Message 187 of 229

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to confirm LG will not unlock phones unless they have been repaired by LG.

Had a feeling about that......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 188 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

From LG Elctronics, so your all in the know for the future:

Good afternoon Prem,

Further to our call this afternoon, I am writing this email to reiterate that we at LG UK are unable to issue an unlock code for your handset unless we have previously repaired it.

If it is something we've repaired, we would only be able to issue the code if we have returned it to yourself locked to a different network.

For example, if the handset came into us unlocked and you were using an EE sim card but we locked it back to the O2 network, we would be able to issue you an unlock code.

In this instance, as the handset has never been into our repair center, we cannot provide you with the unlock code that you are looking for.  It is something your network provider would need to provide you with.

I am sorry we at LG are unable to assist you further.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and I hope that this email has assisted you today. If you have any questions regarding this, or any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

LG Electronics UK Help desk

----------------------------------

LG Customer Services

UK: 0344 847 5454 Ireland: 01 686 9454

Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm

Closed bank holidays

www.lg.com/uk

Message 189 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stand down @Toby & @MercedesS

@MI5@jonsie@CleoriffPerserverance has prevailed - i have received my unlatching code:

Hi Prem,

Please find the unlatching code - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Kindly advise the handset make and model, so we can provide instrctions.

Kind Regards
Admin Services

The best thing it works, i chose network unlock rather than service provider lock, entered my code and the phone rebooted, tried my lyca seem and it worked like a charm. Thansk so much for all the help, just goes to show just sticking to your guns and being patient prevails - Sometimes!!! Relieved as well as happy, that the little guy come out on top against the Big Guy!!!

I will be sending a complaint to ComplaintRevewService@O2.com of the whole experience.

Especially i would like a respones to this from the complaints review service, where did they conjure up the unlatching code from???? :

Dear Prem

As you’ve escalated it to me in the Complaint Review Service this is the highest point before you can escalate this to the Ombudsman.

I’m sorry that you’ve been advised that you device is unlocked. As the unlocking team have noted your account stating they’re unable to do this as it’s not originally come from O2. As mentioned this is a returned device that’s been fully refurbished and resent out to you. We don’t hold unlocking codes for this device.

I’d be happy to refund you the cost to get this unlocked by a third party. I offer this as a way to resolve your issue.

Won't hold my breath, but will let you know what comes of it, if anything.

ConfusedBouncyFantasticMexican WaveThanks!Handshake

Message 190 of 229