cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Anyone experienced problems with LG G4, where the phone won't start up, or gets to the LG Life is good screen and turns off? Tried to do a hard reset but, when I go to the option to erase all data, I press yes and the phone just freezes.

Its still in warranty, purchased on 7/6/2015, but any ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Prem

Message 1 of 229
228 REPLIES 228

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pursuing this guy’s, I will keep you updated - I have a manager who has taken ownership of the case, through an agent under him. They say it should be done, we will see. They say they have escalated, to another team.

This is the constant response from the unlocking team:

"This is not an O2 device, it will not be possible for us to provide an unlatching code."

I spoke to someone on O2 chat yesterday regarding the above and this is what they said:

AGENT: Your account shows that, the request raised yesterday for unlocking your phone is rejected.
ME: Why?
AGENT: The reason is that your phone is not an O2 device.
AGENT: It's not locked to O2 network.
ME: its already unlocked?
AGENT: Yes, that's correct not locked to O2 for sure.
AGENT: Sounds Good?
ME: But you just said the reason is that your phone is not an o2 device
ME: I'm a little confused
AGENT: Yes, it's not an O2 device because it's not locked to O2.
AGENT: You can use any other networks sim card in your phone.

Unbelievable, its defo not unlocked.

Currently writing up another complaint, as I have done everything correctly, brought through O2, repaired through O2, it is their responsibility to resolve this. Also complaining about the lady from the complaints review team.

Message 81 of 229

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I don't find it acceptable that O2 advise going to a local phone store and they would pay for it. Everyone understands how that could cause phone issues unless done properly and no doubt O2 and the phone store would then deny any responsibility. How would that affect the remaining warranty is anyone's guess. An unlocked phone was taken into Anovo, an unlocked phone should have been returned.  O2 should take this up with them and sort it out between them, not leave the poor customer to chase this. Sheesh!!

Message 82 of 229

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Now I always understood that if you had a phone unlocked by anyone other than the network (or supplier) that it would lock again once it had an update?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 83 of 229

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Now I always understood that if you had a phone unlocked by anyone other than the network (or supplier) that it would lock again once it had an update?

Yes and No.

Depends on process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 84 of 229

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes and No.

Depends on process.

Mmmmm...well I got that from you. You obviously didn't explain the 'process' LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 85 of 229

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There are various ways that mobile shops and market stalls unlock phones, it depends on the software they use and the skill of whoever is doing it.

Message 86 of 229

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If the EFS file is properly edited and saved it won't be reversed as the EFS file is never touched during normal phone updates.
However, you can apply a "mask" which spoofs the EFS so the phone thinks it's unlocked but this mask would be deleted by any software updates and hence the phone would be locked again.
The mask would have to be reapplied after such updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 87 of 229

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Encapsulated PostScript?..... (Google is my friend) Anyway I dont understand it so will just say 'It 'may' lock again after a software update....Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 88 of 229

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Encrypted File System

Currently using:
Message 89 of 229

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Encrypted File System

Pfftttt...didn't find that at all https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encapsulated_PostScript

No matter.... I know what I will be saying about unlocking. I will leave technical hoo haa to you lot. Should it be needed. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 90 of 229