Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 - switching to mobile data from WiFi

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

I've tried several ways to fix this, and looked for answers on lots of different forums but with no joy.

Basically when I leave a WiFi connection it takes an age to connect to mobile data.

Airplane mode on/off and restarting phone usually work, but not always.

UK variant of phone (H815) and standard software (android 6.0 version V20g-EUR-XX).

Ta!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions
A bug in the software I guess.
Have you spoken to LG about it at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Just sent them a mail - surprisingly no live chat operatives available!!

Just wondered if anyone has experienced anything like this before on this or any other device and has some suggestions.

Open to advice as usual...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions
No, never had this, hence my thoughts that it must be a bug.
Toggling airplane mode would have been my only suggestion, unless you can reflash a different RIL, sorry.
There is an app on Play but you need root to use it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sibbor.getril&hl=en
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4