Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 frozen -> goint to dark

afiifafiifa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My LG G4 just frozen when browsing in chrome, few sec later going to dark / switched off or died. /

my luck: no live chat with o2 or LG now. i am at the airport abroad. so annoying

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

bob8
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had the same problem.They replaced mine with the G6 after trying to repair. I complained that the bootloop problem was a well documented issue and that they should have recalled all the G4s.
Message 21 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@bob8wrote:
I had the same problem.They replaced mine with the G6 after trying to repair. I complained that the bootloop problem was a well documented issue and that they should have recalled all the G4s.

Good call. Just shows how important it is to go back to LG directly wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 34

bob8
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No you misunderstood,Cleoriff, O2 replaced the phone for me. They were the ones who sold me it, I didn't contact the manufacturer.

Message 23 of 34

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As the phone is out of warranty they are going to charge you, no flexibility as far as O2 and Above are concerned.

As it's a well known issue contact LG directly 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/LG-G4/m-p/1034057#U1034057

Message 24 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@bob8wrote:

No you misunderstood,Cleoriff, O2 replaced the phone for me. They were the ones who sold me it, I didn't contact the manufacturer.

I see. Well they won't replace a 3 year old phone out of warranty. That door is shut for @afiifafiifa

As I said earlier, LG are the only ones to give any help now.. ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 34

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As advised right at the beginning wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 34

afiifafiifa
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

today took back the phone to O2. after 1 hour got reply from LG. grin // too late 😕

Message 27 of 34

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@afiifafiifawrote:

today took back the phone to O2. after 1 hour got reply from LG. grin // too late 😕

Good luck with this....

Message 28 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@afiifafiifawrote:

What did LG say in their reply @afiifafiifa?

If O2 come back to you and say it's unfixable or quote a monstrous amount to repair it (which is what I suspect will happen)...then ask for it back and send it to LG (if they say it's something they can fix easily).

Let us know how it goes please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 34

afiifafiifa
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with the G4. I would be keen to look into this for you and see what we can do to assist you in getting this resolved. 

The first thing I would like to ask you today, is if you are to plug your handset on charge, does the boot loop cycle continue to occur, or does it stop, rendering the handset fully functional? This is because it will determine if the issue is with the main board of the handset, or whether the issue is being caused by a faulty battery. 

If the handset continues to boot loop while the handset is on charge, I would suggest that you back up your handset to prevent loss of valuable data and that you proceed to perform a hard factory reset. This will reset and refresh the settings on the handset, and is likely to resolve the issue. In order to do this, you would need to ensure that you do the following; 

Power down the handset 
Press-and-hold the keys Power + Vol down until a LG logo appears. 
Then release the power key and immediately press and hold Power key again, until menu appears. 
Press Power key 2 times to confirm the reset 

If the handset continues to boot loop while the handset is on charge, and the factory reset has not been successful in any way, I would like to request that you provide me with some details about you and your handset, and I will be able to create a file for you on our system. The details I require are below; 

Post code 
first line of your address 
your contact number 
your email address 
the IMEI number (Under the battery or on the box that the handset came in) 
the exact date of purchase 
the retailer you purchased the handset from 
Is there any liquid or physical damage? 
has the handset been rooted/modified in any way? 
proof of purchase (if you do not have one your retailer can provide a duplicate for you) 
Are you happy for LG to contact you via email about our goods and services (including on product launches, special offers and future promotions) which we think may be of interest to you? 
Are you happy to receive satisfaction surveys regarding any of your repair experiences via Phone, Email and SMS? You are able to opt out at any time by contacting us directly? 

With this information, I shall be able to check the warranty on your handset, and I shall be able to see if I am able to look into offering you a free of charge repair under the manufacturers warranty. 

Again I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

If you do wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us on 0344 847 5454 or alternatively you can also reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link below. 

Thank you in advance. 

Message 30 of 34