Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 frozen -> goint to dark

afiifafiifa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My LG G4 just frozen when browsing in chrome, few sec later going to dark / switched off or died. /

my luck: no live chat with o2 or LG now. i am at the airport abroad. so annoying

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
We’d always advise the manufacturer for repairs so keep trying to contact LG.
There is a known problem with that phone so they should help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@afiifafiifaif you are abroad and your phone has frozen and you can't get it working, you may be better off buying a cheap PAYG phone when you get to your destination and use a local sim.

It's not ideal but at least you will be able to contact people ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@afiifafiifaI have just checked the LG and Android forums This is the advice they give to try and sort out your issue

How do I unfreeze my LG G4 phone?
On most Android devices, you can force restart your device by holding the Sleep/Power button at the same time as holding the Volume Down button. Hold this combo until the phone screen goes blank and then you hand hold Sleep/Power button until your phone boots up again

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 34

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
The screen is already blank wink
The motherboards self destruct on the G4 and G5 and only a replacement will fix it if that's the problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

All the op said was her phone had frozen and screen was black.

I felt the advice was good enough to be posted. She will lose nothing by trying as she is abroad and without a phone. (therefore would have difficulty contacting LG...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 34

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
As I know you like to learn I thought mine was too wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 34

afiifafiifa
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

was frozen during browsing. and after going black. until no response. little luck. i was finishing holiday. and way back to UK. now at home: charging the battery on desktop G4 charger / 2slot: phone and battery /. battery charging alone. when try to charge battery with phone, the red led / what showing charging in progress / flashing up for part time of the second, for every plug. so its looks like for me, cant charge the phone and battery is ok. 

Message 8 of 34

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
So if you charge the battery and then put it in the phone, does the phone power on normally?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 34

afiifafiifa
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

nothing happen

Message 10 of 34