cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 and LG G5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good evening all,

I thought I would post some alarming information I have unfortunately discovered at my own financial loss. I have searched online and on 02 and there is no comms about this.

LGG4 has a manufacture fault that causes the motherboard to over heat and stop working. If you Google boot up loop you will find lots of people suffering with this. As far as I can see LG have not come out about this issue but it is known. There has been no recall and therefore people like me bought a defective device with no warning. I purchased my LG G4 on January 2016 it was a joy to use and I wanted to keep it for a while. However it stopped working a few days ago with this manufacture fault of the LG bootup looping with no start up at all.

From what I have seen online G5 is also doing the same asize I have seen some posts on Reddit. If you do have a G4 be warned that 02 will not replace it for a G4 or upgrade it to the G5.....as they did with me they downgraded me to a Samsung S6 so I have lost a lot of functionality and have a lot of expensive equipment for my G4 that is no longer useful.

May I also add that 02 never informed me of the issue and simply sent me a Samsung with no communication or explanation. Very poor customer service. Which has sealed my decision to leave 02 and move to EE. The way 02 handled this was very bad and unprofessional and the silence to my questions leaves me with little fait has in their company.

If you are looking to purchase a G4 don't. And be cautious of the G5 as it seems to be heading down the same track as the G4.

Has anyone else had issues with their G4 and how did 02 treat you? We're you compensated appropriately?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous  I just Googled what you suggested and found an article from January 2016 that says that LG acknowledged the fault and was offering a fix, so why are you posting this nearly a year later?

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/lg-finally-acknowledges-g4-boot-loop-problem-and-it-s-offering-a-fix-1313769

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 have replaced your phone too so I'm not sure what compensation you feel you deserve?
I'd hardly say the S6 was a downgrade but you didn't have to accept it anyway. You could have negotiated a different replacement.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would honestly be far happier with a Samsung S6...but that's my personal opinion...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I would honestly be far happier with a Samsung S6...but that's my personal opinion...

Me too but we are all different...

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 have now withdrawn the LG G5 from their website too! I saw it on the website yesterday and today it has gone. But there is no explanation for it?........ Wonder if any 02 representatives are on the forum to comment on this?

I have decided to raise a complaint with 02 main offices and LG about the issue. And I will be taken my customs elsewhere, Carephone wharehouse have been superb and have been happy to answer all my questions very honestly. Something that 02 lacked from the very begining. I am also looking at the Huawei Plus 9 or the Samsung S7. Looks like the LG Flagship phones are droppign like flys!!!

Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The only way you will get an official comment from o2 is if you raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
For sure, if you're not happy, move on.... It's your right to do so.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a Photographer I now rely heavily on smartphones to take photos as I find my DSLR a little too invasive for casual photography and for certain settings especially in the city. I use my DSLR for events etc. I have used the Samsung S6 from my friend for a while and it is awful for photography even the "Pro" mode is a total joke, I used to take amazing Sunset, Sunrise and Moon photos on my LG G4, I tried it with the S6 on the "Pro" mode and it looked horrendous. S6 looks pretty and sleek, but I am looking more for a device that delievers and works very well not just something that looks good in my hand. 

So it depends what you need the phone for. If I was not a photographer with the need to be in touch with Social media all the time and did'nt travel so much then the S6 would suit as a basic phone. But as I am always on the go and snapping away then I need something with a large battery or removable one and an aamzing camera that delievers and the S6 doesnt have either of those qualities. When i go places with my friend her Samsung S6 is dying 4 hours into our trip and my G4 would be very happy working away with a good amount of battery. The spare battery usually covers me for days when I am using Locations and the Camera excessively. So I need the extra battery to quickly swap and get going again. Whereas my friend would need to stop and plug into a socket or use a battery bank for 1 hour before being able to continue. 

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes thats what I plan to do, just also need to get the word out as I have not seen any mention of this on 02 at all. So other customers need to be made aware don't you think? I wish I was told this in Jan 2016 so I could avoid the phone. I had checked 02 forum befor epurchasing and did'nt read anything about the issue. 

The fact that G4 and G5 has been pulled form 02 they need to make some sort of announcment to its paying customers? no?

Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I doubt they will tbh with you.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 22