Did you mean: 

LG G3 Marshmallow update

Twiglets100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,

Is there any news on when O2 are going to release the Marshmallow update for the G3 (d855 international) as it's already been released for the phone model and approved and released by Three and Vodafone.

Thanks slight_smile
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We would assume not......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well i'm rocking on lollipop installed on the HTC ONE M8S and there's no mention at all of the shiney New Marshmallow! Never mind tho,I'm beginning to think HTC have forgotten about us. 😖
Message 22 of 40

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I got my L3 from Carphone Warehouse, I thought I'd check the LG site..... and yaaaaay update was available.  Now the happy owner of marshmellow! Bouncy

Message 23 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SmileyBoy, is your phone an O2 branded LG G3? Was your update delivered OTA or did you do it via the LG software? Also (last one) has this removed the O2 branding from your phone?

THANKS!

Message 24 of 40

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
CPW phones are unbranded and would have generic LG firmware on them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 40

SmileyBoy
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't believe it's a branded phone.... the only indication I'm with O2 is 'O2 - UK' on the lock screen.  I'd been try OTA for ages and there was nothing. So I went on LG website and used their LG Mobile Support Tool. There wasn't any branding as such to remove.  I backed everything up, but nothing was deleted or moved.  Hope this helps

Message 26 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @SmileyBoy, this has cleared up a few points for me, a great help. So my handset is O2 branded: O2 wallpapers, slpash screen, apps etc... so I guess I'm out of luck until the "official" O2 version.

I ask again @Chris_K, as many beleive you're the best source for information, when can we expect this to materialise?? 

Message 27 of 40

Topcat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tweeted O2 yesterday re the update and got the following reply. Hopefully not much longer

Hi Andrew. We're testing the LG G3 Marshmallow update and hope to release it soon, so eyes peeled! More info here > o2lin.kr/1TplNcW

Message 28 of 40

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Topcat wrote:

Tweeted O2 yesterday re the update and got the following reply. Hopefully not much longer

Hi Andrew. We're testing the LG G3 Marshmallow update and hope to release it soon, so eyes peeled! More info here > o2lin.kr/1TplNcW

Also confirmed by Chris here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Android-6-0-Marshmallow-HUB/m-p/967804#M15680

Currently using:
Message 29 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, Just updated my 02 LG G3 to android 6.0 Bouncy

Message 30 of 40