cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok does anyone have one and do you love it or hate it?  Any tips or tricks you have found that you can share?

I have just got one yesterday and i upgraded from a payg s3. certainly gives me something differet to get my teeth into whilst at the same time being a little comparible to the s3/s4 🙂

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

normal useage i get a day out of my s3, its usually on 5% at bedtime when it goes on charge. if i use it heavily it lasts 6-7 hours max. And i have a spare battery.

I wouldnt say i have used this heavily yet but i would say medium. i took a ten minute calls and did a text and it went down one or two percent 🙂

Message 21 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Many of the reviews I've read say the battery life is good and you have confirmed it. Considering the phone specs LG seem to have got it well under control.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you getting on with the button layout? And is it Android 4.3?

Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

tbh i havent used the buttons so much as to end calls its easier to click on end call, and some of the apps have got a volume slider.   its is hard to feel for the power button on the back, i always end up hitting the volume instead. it is good as it lights up when your phone rings or you are on a call. so if you have your phone face down itll light up. I'm sure with a little practice though i'll get used to the feel. i have only taken 3 or 4 calls. Sods law when i get a new phone noone rings!

it says it is 4.2.2 in the about phone settings.

the software is very similar to the s4 but with a few lg bits thrown in.

its got the smart stay and the video pause and also mine came with the quick window case which is the same as the s-view case for the s4. I think the lg one works better tbh, and i love the feature where you can display a little window with the time or a clock or the music player or just a minature version of your home screen.

Message 24 of 28

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

After a fortnight, I still find button the placement a bit strange although overall the battery performance and speed of use very quick. Even when doing multiple things like viewing videos, G+ or running a couple of tabbed Chrome pages.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been 3 months for me now. I've got used to it although i don't use it that much. I prefer to end call on the screen its easier.

The battery life is amazing still and charge time is equally amazing. I go to bed and the batteries still at line 40% in the week. Stick it on charge when i get up and its done before i leave!

Because it's been drab weather have only just got to testing the camera outside in good light. I took several photos using sport of my kids playing at the park. It looks like they are standing still the shutter speed was impressive. I will say the shutter sorted is very lame in low light though. Your object has stand as still aa statue or it'll blur. It struggled in low light. W went to s the fireworks and i didn't get one good shot because by the time the shutter went off the object was moved or gone . But the over all results indoors are brilliant and still brighter and clearer than other top phones.

Had a small update a few days ago. Not kitkat but something to do with bug fixes and internet. Nit noticed any difference and can't find anything about this update online
Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about many tricks only played around with it. But how are you finding the buttons on the back and the knock on feature to turn the screen on/off? Do you use its multi window capability and the slide aside (multistasking) feature.

I personally hate the UI of the G2 and I don't like touchwiz either not since I got the nexus devices! But overall the G2 is a great device

Message 27 of 28

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

In the time I've had this handset, I found it efficient in use muchly because I don't try and grind it to the ground. Although that by itself would be quite a feat...

Anyway the UI is a bit clumsy and I am using ES Task Manager to manage the applications and cache as it is more effecient. Some of the transitions are quite cool although the Kitkat update is really needed to get the best out of the handset.

Call quality seems fair enough and the sound quality seems pretty good for a mobile, even though mono speaker on the bottom is poor the headphone amp id fair when used with good quality headphones.

The Google Android Nexus is skin is pretty uncluttered although there's a lot of stuff going on in the background like updating your location, showing you relevant information with Google Now! or indeed Google Analytics.

I think though OEM's need their own individual UI though otherwise they might ending up getting sued by someone.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 28 of 28