Did you mean: 

LG G2 Data Connection Issue

Faithfull
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Morning People,

Recently purchased a LG G2 on O2 refresh plan, 1st week was all good but last few days i have been getting 'No Data Connection'. Although showing full signal, i can make a call but i cant do anything else.

The only way i can get my data connection back is if i switch on and then switch off airplane mode. Although im not getting 4G when before i was (only getting H)

Any ideas/help would be appreciated!

Adi.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faithfull wrote:

Its a new sim card they gave me in the shop with my new phone.

It all swapped over (exisiting number) within about 2 hours of putting new sim in phone.

So I assume they performed the simswap instore then.

Also try texting ACTIVE to 2020, save the settings and reboot the phone.

Check your 'mobile data' is turned on in the phones settings and settings such as airplane mode have not been turned on.

Phone o2 on 202 to have your account checked.

Help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Servi...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

First check your service status

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Another option could be to visit your local o2 shop and ask them for an account specific blank sim card and ask them to perform the swapmysim procedure for you. This can take up to 24 hours to settle but can be quicker. Turning your phone off and on helps the re connection.

Or do this at home via http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ after picking up your blank sim card.

Here is a self help thread which may help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

Message 2 of 12

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Service status is fine i believe.

Why do i need to do a sim swap? I was told just to pop my new sim in when purchased and my current number would switch over and thats all i needed to do.

Switching off and back on again made no difference.

Adi.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Faithfull 

Are you using your original sim card or using the new one provied with the handset due the original sim card not being the correct size to fit in your new phone?

If the latter then you need to perform the sim swap to move your number and tariff across.

If this is a brand new account then give o2 a call on 202 to have your account checked over.

Message 4 of 12

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It all swapped over (exisiting number) within about 2 hours of putting new sim in phone.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faithfull wrote:

So I assume they performed the simswap instore then.

Also try texting ACTIVE to 2020, save the settings and reboot the phone.

Check your 'mobile data' is turned on in the phones settings and settings such as airplane mode have not been turned on.

Phone o2 on 202 to have your account checked.

Help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Servi...

Message 6 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try your sim in another phone to rule in or out a sim issue. If it works in a different phone get your phone replaced asap (whilst you are still eligible for a replacement and not a repair)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have no idea what they did instore, she literally gave me the phone and the sim in a pack, told me to pop the simcard in at home and my number would swap over and start working within 24 hours.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faithfull wrote:

I have no idea what they did instore, she literally gave me the phone and the sim in a pack, told me to pop the simcard in at home and my number would swap over and start working within 24 hours.

So when someone rings your mobile number youve always had your new phone rings etc ?

if  so......

This would indicate your number etc has been sim swapped over to your new sized sim card.

if not.........

This would indicate you need to perform the sim swap.

Have you spoken to O2 Customer Services and tried the other solutions in the previous posts ?

Or do as MI5 says.

Message 9 of 12

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yep new phone rings and my old phone says 'not registered on network' or 'connection' if i try and use that. So deffinatly everything is coming through to my new phone.

Have tried everything above except for in a different phone, first thing i did check was data on which it was.

Havent had a chance to speak to O2 yet.

Message 10 of 12