cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KITKAT for Samsung S4 Mini?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The last post I can find on availability of KITKAT for the S4 mini was back in March. There are signs that it is being rolled out elsewhere. Anybody know when it is going to be available? I am keen to upgrade as my partner and I have both being using Kies but now he has upgraded to an S4 with KITKAT we can no longer both use it as KITKAT needs a different version...and one can't (unless someone can tell me otherwise) have two versions of Kies on the same computer. 

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 Kitkat update to 4.2.2 came this morning to my S4 mini! 500M download. Whoopee!. Now to see if it works.....

Let us know what differences you find slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very hard to see any!

For the record, my Android Version is now 4.4.2, Baseband Version is I9195XXUCNK1.

142 apps were "optimised" during the update.

Screen layout etc looks boringly unchanged - from reviews etc I expected quite a different look and feel.

In summary unless I'd seen the update come in and accepted it I would not have known I was on a new version!

I'll be interested in other people's experiences.
Message 32 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think KK looked much different to JB to be honest. Lollipop however, is a beautiful thing! Dance

Message 33 of 49

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Very hard to see any!
Screen layout etc looks boringly unchanged - from reviews etc I expected quite a different look and feel.
In summary unless I'd seen the update come in and accepted it I would not have known I was on a new version!
I'll be interested in other people's experiences.

Exactly what I was expecting you to say wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm new to all of this and got my update yesterday on my S4 Mini (white GT - I9195) and when I pressed INSTALL a message popped up to say that I dont have enough space (501.78)?? on the device and I need to delete ! but when I look at the storage space available I have at least 700MB.

Am I just being thick and need to buy a micro SD card?? or am I missing something else a little more technical??

Sorry again

Thanks

Message 35 of 49

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You need to either delete photo's/video's or move them to an SD card.
The phone requires more space for an OTA update as it will make an internal backup during the process.
The other alternative is to download Samsung Kies and do it whilst connected to your PC.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

Currently using:
Message 36 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks so much for your quick reply

I will let you know how I get on

Many thanks again
Message 37 of 49

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No problem, good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 38 of 49

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I didn't notice much difference  at all to be honest.  There's a few added features  but it's mostly under the hood. 

Message 39 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone isn't updating, clicking on the update function brings up the message that the lastest updates are installed but I'm on 4.2.2.

Also the update for O2 isn't listed on Sammobile.  I wonder if the other people are getting the BTU stock update no an  O2 update?

Message 40 of 49