cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KITKAT for Samsung S4 Mini?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The last post I can find on availability of KITKAT for the S4 mini was back in March. There are signs that it is being rolled out elsewhere. Anybody know when it is going to be available? I am keen to upgrade as my partner and I have both being using Kies but now he has upgraded to an S4 with KITKAT we can no longer both use it as KITKAT needs a different version...and one can't (unless someone can tell me otherwise) have two versions of Kies on the same computer. 

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder if the other people are getting the BTU stock update no an  O2 update?

Most likely - Many people don't know there is a difference.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoorah!  4.4.2 has arrived on O2!

Message 42 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news for.you and others waiting.

Do let us know what you.think of it after getting to grips with it.
Message 43 of 49

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are no differences at all that you can see - It's just a bug fix update but does now give Smartwatch support if you require that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 49

IainJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got and installed it. One thing I've found straight away is the the My O2 app has an issue. I can log in and get to choose which phone I want to view. Once I select a phone i goes to the details screen and the the App stops and the message "Unfortunately, My O2 has stopped". I have tried removing the app and reinstalling but I always get the same issue, have also tried clearing the App cache and data but no difference.

Battery life seems to be much better, overall operation seems to smother and the top info bar is now all in white. After update you will require version 3 of Kies if you use Kies

Message 46 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@IainJ wrote:

Battery life seems to be much better, 

Might be a bit early to give battery life predictions?

Message 47 of 49

IainJ
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

been running it for a week or so (running UK build rather than O2 build)

Message 48 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some visible improvments...

• The default typeface seems to be slightly clearer on the lock screen and home screens
  • The torch icon is now the size of a single icon no longer a huge ugly block
  • No longer get "Sorry this app is only available for 4.4 above" messages.  So I can now use Google Camera's Photosphere!
Message 49 of 49