cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JellyBean roll out Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sony mobile have confirmed the roll out of JellyBean has started for the Xperia S.

Although I should imagine it'll be a while before O2 customers see it, the ball is rolling!

Personally can't wait for the ftf to appear on certain websites so i can try it!

A plea to MI5 etc, those websites you use to see what firmware has been released on what networks/regions etc.... you don't happen to know the Sony one do you??

Regards

Gillsfankev

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, is your phone a rooted branded O2 phone in the UK? 

Thanks a lot

Jake

Message 51 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@blighty59 wrote:

I was being ironic! I have been an o2 user since they started, I know their shortcomings, as well as their qualities!

As for .211 it is available, take a look at the Sony forums, at least two people I can see have it without rooting their phones.

I will however continue to wait, even if I think o2 should get a move on:smileyhappy:

Sorry, Should have made it clear that it is'nt available in the UK yet. I have checked the FR,SV,NO and IN sites and not available there either.

You can probably get the .211 firmware as an ftf on the usual sites but I steer clear from them unless they are firmwares from the above countries otherwise you tend to have baseband issues.

Message 52 of 121

alex_ncfc85
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, my phone is not rooted nor o2 branded, but am in the UK.
Message 53 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks a lot. I appreciate it slight_smile

Message 54 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alex_ncfc85 wrote:
*Finally* got the JB update through PC Companion yesterday evening. Albeit it's the .200 version sadly, so hopefully a new version follows soon.

One annoying thing so far, on ICS the LED notification would go different colours and I was used to it, so I knew for example that blue was Facebook, white was whatsapp, etc etc. But on JB it only seems to be white for everything??
Checked last night and had it too, (same SI), downloaded and updated fine, very happy with the JB update
Generally a sweet update, is like a phone upgrade, noticed the LED thing, and also that you loose the ability to disable data updates (the circular arrow setting on power bar) , only have 500Mb so this was useful, is there an app or something for that?

Message 55 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK can you guys confirm if your with O2 and on stock rom !! This is confusing the hell out of some of us !!
My PC companion is still telling me no update.
Message 56 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes on O2 and stock ROM, but think both of us are unbranded firmware, as mine is a p4u , which is why we get the straight UK release which assume was just released this week. If tied to O2 then your in for a wait unfortunately :-[
Message 57 of 121

blighty59
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

17 Days and still counting!

Message 58 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been off the forum for a few days seen there has been lots going on. Just to update I've not been having any problems with the JB 6.2.B.0.200 update. I am locked to O2 and my phone is not rooted I flashed the Rom with flashtool.

Could anyone tell me if version 211 is available yet? If so where can I download flash ftf Rom?

Cheers

Message 59 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually nothing has gone on STILL waiting for O2!!
Message 60 of 121