cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JellyBean roll out Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sony mobile have confirmed the roll out of JellyBean has started for the Xperia S.

Although I should imagine it'll be a while before O2 customers see it, the ball is rolling!

Personally can't wait for the ftf to appear on certain websites so i can try it!

A plea to MI5 etc, those websites you use to see what firmware has been released on what networks/regions etc.... you don't happen to know the Sony one do you??

Regards

Gillsfankev

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Awesome, how did you get the update? Over the phone, PC Companion, Sony Update Service? I have nothing yet 😞 

Message 91 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers mate, update last night with PC Companion. Looks good so far ;0)
Message 92 of 121

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still nothing for me lol 😞 Don't understand why as we're all on the same network!! Any ideas? Kind of a critical update for me as my running app keeps crashing and if this frees up some memory/speed then it might help.
Message 93 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since were on the same SI (i assume) will check too and let you know when it urns up for me. As were unbranded its sony were waiting for not O2

Message 94 of 121

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not sure we are waiting on Sony, as they rolled out the update 2-3 weeks ago. O2 will already have it, they said to me on Twitter they were "testing it for the best user experience" but what testing needs to be done? Just release it already! My phone is unbranded and I want the update.

Still odd how some people on here have confirmed they have the update, but as of today, PCC still tells me that my "phone is up to date"
Message 95 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange that you guys don't have the update. My phone is O2 branded and update came through on PC companion.
Message 96 of 121

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Very strange indeed Gibbylinks, wouldn't mind O2s take on what's going on.

Your Xperia S must be idential to mine in the sense that you are O2 unbranded, so I am guessing we have the same SI number, and I thought the updates were rolled out by the SI number.

Message 97 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry you've misread my post, my phone is O2 Branded, NOT unbranded ;0)
Message 98 of 121

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out.

But that makes it even MORE frustrating lol - as surely if the branded handsets have it, then I should do too?!
Message 99 of 121

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

YAWN - still waiting. This is a joke, sort it out Slow-2.

Jesus, I've never been with a network that takes so long to roll out updates. This is making me seriously consider leaving O2 when my contract is up (and that will be the second time I leave, there will be no 3rd!!)

Message 100 of 121