cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean update

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Galaxy S3 downloaded an update today for Jelly Bean, the message that came with it said it had new features and bug fixes. Does anyone know exactly what these features and bugs fixes were?

I'm on 3 and the download was 8.33 MB.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Its the security update for the exynos security flaw.

"Last month, there was a security flaw exposed in the Samsung Exynos, which could potentially allow a malicious app to gain root access to a user's device with user consent. Root access could lead to plenty of bad endings, but the issue is getting resolved as Samsung has pushed updates to two new devices today which will close the security hole."
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
What firmware version are you on now? *#1234#
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

AP I9300XXELLA

CP I9300NELK2

CSC I9300H3GELL1

Not sure which one is the firmware one, but I think the last relates to 3.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Its the security update for the exynos security flaw.

"Last month, there was a security flaw exposed in the Samsung Exynos, which could potentially allow a malicious app to gain root access to a user's device with user consent. Root access could lead to plenty of bad endings, but the issue is getting resolved as Samsung has pushed updates to two new devices today which will close the security hole."

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5. Good to know my phone is protected from that flaw.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yep, you're all set and on the very latest JB version now....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6