Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable

Typical, were always last to get everything. Ill probably have an S3 by the time jelly bean is available on S2.

Message 21 of 596

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
I'm running an excellent JB 4.2.2 ROM at the moment on mine. I can PM you details if you're interested?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 22 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm tired of waiting for O2 to sort out Jelly Bean. Could you PM me details on how to get 4.2.2?

Thanks.

Message 23 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

PM me the details too please.

Message 24 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

can ya pm me details too grin

Message 25 of 596

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
PM's sent. Give me a shout if you need any help. Warranty claims will require this to be reversed (easily done), but just bear it in mind.... Would also be wise to obtain unlock code for any locked handsets first. Free for contract phones.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the PM, but the instructions assume too much knowledge for me. E.G. 'Flash SuperNexus ROM'. I haven't a clue how to do that. I was hoping for a step by step guide.

Also, this 'Philz kernel and recovery causes some kind of issues with AOSP ROM installations, please use CF-Root, Siyah, CM or Dorimanx kernel before flashing SuperNexus.' is just nonsense to me.

Thanks anyway.

Message 27 of 596

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I was hoping for a step by step guide.

I'm happy to do this for you but it will take me a while to type it all out. If you are serious about wanting the ROM I'll gladly do it later for you.....?

Currently using:
Message 28 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is really generous of you, however I'm scared of bricking my phone.

I found some instructions for the same software using 4.1.1 which give more details, but I'm just worried about bricking the phone.

Out of interest, when you say 'Would also be wise to obtain unlock code for any locked handsets first. Free for contract phones.' do you mean contact O2 and ask them to unlock it prior to flashing it?

Thanks.

Edit: looking into this further, it looks the phone needs to already be rooted?

Message 29 of 596

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Yes, fill in the unlock form and unlock from O2 first (will save any modem issues later on). https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

You don't need to root first as the ROM is already rooted. You just ned to install CWM recovery and flash the ROM from there. As I said if you need any help, just ask slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 30 of 596