Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146183 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable
poor show from o2, i will be reviewing my option when my contract is up next year. will do this manual update when i get back from holiday if it still hasn't been officially rolled out!
Message 211 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha well that's February safely out the way with no update available. Now we're into the first week of April and again no update. Looks like there has been other rollouts elsewhere but O2 UK. I cannot understand the issue with porting 02 Germany to 02 UK this should be straight forward. Well I wonder if we'll see it this side of the end of April. Four months after the Spanish release!!

Message 212 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a poor show. The S2 was a very big seller. Assuming an even spread of contract dates throughout the year, 3 months covers probably 25% of S2 owners going out of contract in this time. Of that figure, say 1 in 5 people are getting impatient waiting.  That possibly means that 5% of all O2 GS2 owners are disillusioned and possibly considering leaving.

That an extremely large number for a company to neglect. My contract runs out in 21 days, and I'm now looking elsewhere. It's not because of this delay, it's because the new phone I will be getting will also probably get a delay, and with Android 5 not that far away, I don't want to wait for an update on a new phone like I have for this one.

I have been happy with O2 since the very first days of it existing as MMO2 and whatever it was before, and this is the only reason I am looking to move. I'm looking to the future, using the past as an example, and I do not want to risk having to wait for updates this long again. Theres not even an update on here from O2, their own Community pages.

Message 213 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned previously on a number of posts, this is the 02 Community. So where is the official post from 02 announcing the release to UK or indeed we're having issues with release. Not a peep. No sure why we have to drag this out, If I was not locked into a contract I would have gone to another provider. 02 are becoming a joke.

Message 214 of 596

MI5
  • 146183 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions
Nothing to stop you debranding your phone. I've posted the instructions previously.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 215 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you PM me the instructions mate?
Message 216 of 596

MI5
  • 146183 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Can you PM me the instructions mate?
I've posted the instructions on the thread mate as I was getting too many PM's. Just look back a few pages around post #170 ish.....
Message 217 of 596

TopperGas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Problem is if you leave O2 there is no guarantee your new provider will be any better when it comes to updating your S3 or S4? Sorry to say it but Apple lead the way with their, across the board, iOS updates, not sure why Samsung don't follow their lead?
Message 218 of 596

MI5
  • 146183 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions
I've no idea why they don't either - In fact everyone should do the same as Apple and not allow any network crap on their firmwares - It would stop all the aggro....
Message 219 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the S2 GT-I9100P version from O2, I received the unlock code from O2.  I see that the International I9100P jellybean firmware has now been released by Samsung.  Will Kies automatically offer me the update as my phone is unlocked or does that fact that I have current O2 ICS firmware on the phone stop this from happening? Any settings on the phone or kies that I have to change to allow the update to take place?

Message 220 of 596