Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27857 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm due a new phone in 6 months but having the Jelly bean update would be quite a nice upgrade to the S2. How fast were O2 in releasing the ICS update compared to other networks last time?

Message 11 of 596

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27857 Solutions
They were one of the first with ICS for the S2 and JB on the S3, however, you cannot take this as been the norm.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about this then? Which if true I'm lost for words. Been looking around on sammobile trying to find out when JB 4.1.2 update is out for my Note 2, It was pushed out to UK carriers 11th Dec 2011 and three, vodafone have pushed it out to their customers and T-Mobile releasing it this week, o2 just told me they are still waiting for Samsung to send them the update, so I told them what I'd found only to be told I'm wrong and Samsung has not yet released it to any UK carrier . Would not listen to anything I said after that which is wrong, spoke to a mate and yes his note 2 was update by Vodafone on 4th Jan 2013. So who know's what o2 are playing at. Disgraceful

iechyd da

Message 13 of 596

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27857 Solutions
Are you talking about N7100? If so, I couldn't see any 4.12 firmware for any UK carrier on Sammobile?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the update page for the note 2, seems like vodaphone pushed their update out on the 4th along with 3, no Orange/Tmobile on that list, they do sell the note 2. Also noticed that the BTU code (which i think is UK unbranded) hasn't even got an update yet, no idea what's going on with that.

http://www.sammobile.com/2012/12/11/galaxy-note-ii-receives-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-lots-of-...

Message 15 of 596

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27857 Solutions
Thanks for the link. That's what I was looking for and couldn't find 😞

Seems there is no downloadable firmware yet to do any manual updates either so it's early days for this roll out still.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 16 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
beaten again to it lol, as you can see Three and Vodafone have already pushed it out but o2 Guru says still waiting for it from Samsung. lol Some thing amiss somewhere
iechyd da
Message 17 of 596

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27857 Solutions
Yep, seems strange that the open firmware isn't release yet too....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news yet about when jelly bean will be available for the S2 on o2?

Message 19 of 596

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27857 Solutions
Nothing for any UK carriers yet.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 20 of 596