Did you mean: 

J8210/Xperia 5 - Microphone not working

Satmanuk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

Can someone please help me with this issue.

I've been without a phone for over a week now and I don't know what to do now given the current situation with the world and can't go to my local o2 store..

I can make and receive calls and can hear the caller but the caller cannot hear me.

I've done all the relevant checks and the microphone works but for some reason when a call is made, I cannot talk..

However, the strange this is that when I cannot to my car via Bluetooth, I can talk to whoever I call or they call me, very strange.

Any bells will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Sat
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Satmanuk 

I'm assuming there's no case or cover on the phone?

One of our members @viridis  is very knowledgeable on Sony products.

He may be able to advise further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Satmanuk
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks to you both.. Fingers crossed someone can assist
Message 4 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
If you've done the service menu to check for microphone and it works, then you can try some of the following:
Go into settings, apps and in the top right select "show system" find the app called "phone" and clear the data and cache. See if that works.
If not....
Start the phone in safe mode and see if it works in there, if it does, it means a 3rd party app is using the mic when it shouldn't. Look for recently installed apps that use the mic and remove to test.
If not, try backing up using Xperia companion and performing a software repair, this almost certainly will fix it.
Message 5 of 6

Satmanuk
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks to you both but the solution did not work so have registered a repair via Sony 😞
Message 6 of 6