cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with 4G data on S4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have purchased an I9505 last year, i got the text message from o2, telling me to restart my device to get 4G mobile data earlier this year. Initially i had no problems, its only been an issue for me for the last 2 weeks.
When connected to 4G my Internet looks like it is loading but i very seldom get the downloading arrow under the 4G icon, upload arrow is behaving normally. In the past 2 weeks, ive tried turning the handset off and on again, switching into aeroplane mode for 30 seconds and checking to see if my sim card is phsyically damaged. I text active to 2020 to redownload settings which fixed the issue momentarily. Today it hit me, maybe i could turn 4G off, so i fiddled around in the settings and switch mobile data to 3G and WDSM (i think) and im having no issues connecting to mobile data with this method.
This is all well and good, im happy that I am recieving mobile data once again, but i cant help the nagging feeling of wanting to know why the 4G suddenly stopped functioning one day and ultimately whether its an issue with o2, my handset or my sim card. Anyone else dealt with or dealing with an issue like this?

Thanks
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker#

Hi there,

I've had a quick look and it seems there is ongoing work on the main mast in that area, but You can have a look yourself, with the full post code. Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Perhaps check your masts first here ->

http://status.o2.co.uk

O2 may be suffering from mast congestion across the UK due to mast upgrades.

One option is to have your SIM card swapped out at an O2 store to see if that helps.

Can you try your SIM card in another phone as a process of elimination ?
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker#

Hi there,

I've had a quick look and it seems there is ongoing work on the main mast in that area, but You can have a look yourself, with the full post code. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 3 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I agree in that it sounds like maintenance or repair work to your mast.
Hopefully just a temporary glitch.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestion, there's no planned or unplanned issues close to my location. Ive swapped sims with my partner, my 4g doesnt work in his I9505, but his Vodafone 4G works in my phone. This suggests that its not my handset doesn't it?
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your handset seems fine. I'd swap your sim
Message 6 of 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 18

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

If his vodafone 4g is working in your phone its a sim issue....

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then I admit to needing an explanation about this rigmarole? The OP says they can get 4G using a Vodaphone sim (which denotes to me that the Voda masts are fine....) Therefore if they can't get 4G with the O2 Sim...then surely its the O2 mast that is the issue?......(.this is me asking a genuine question guys as I don't understand why it would be the sim)....Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

IT's either the sim or  network...But I would bet on the network, because u said u can use 3g ok...

Also with ongoing work on the mast...

Message 10 of 18