cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Nexus 4 blocked by O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

In July 2013 I purchased a LGE960 Nexus 4 handset direct from the Google Play Store, SIM free.

I purchased a SIM from O2 and installed it in the phone.

Can anyone advise if, by putting this SIM into the handset, it has blocked my phone to the O2 network?

I wish to use the handset with another networks SIM and see no reason for O2 to block a handset that I own.

Maybe someone has experienced this problem in the past and I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you. Anthony.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Swap sim cards as much as you want - It'll be fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No shouldn't do.
Sim free phones remain sim free always and no Nexus devices are network locked anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If the phone was bought unlocked and sim free there should be no block on it. Have you tried to put a sim from another network in the phone and had a problem, or is this just a query?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a question before I start changing the SIM. I did not wish to land up self blocking the device or worse. Thanks for the answers to date. Anthony.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Swap sim cards as much as you want - It'll be fine.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all. I shall do so with confidence. Anthony.

Message 6 of 6