cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone users cant text my Galaxy S4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive upgraded from an Iphone to a Galaxy S4 (which I love) with my old sim but iphone users cant send texts to me. I have disabled imessage on my old phone which was recieving them still but now they cant send at all?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive upgraded from an Iphone to a Galaxy S4 (which I love) with my old sim but iphone users cant send texts to me. I have disabled imessage on my old phone which was recieving them still but now they cant send at all?

You never disabled iMessage on your phone before swapping, so their devices still think you have an iPhone and are sending iMessages.

As the others said they need to goto Settings > Messages and turn on send as text if iMessage unavailable but also you need to deactivate iMessage.

Also:

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

A couple of possible causes. If the iphone users have 'send as text' disabled their messages will only be sent as imessages.

Try going to the Apple website. Select support and then "edit device" and unregister your iphone.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they have to tell their phones not to send as an imessage to your particular contact entry in their phones.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You never disabled iMessage on your phone before swapping, so their devices still think you have an iPhone and are sending iMessages.

As the others said they need to goto Settings > Messages and turn on send as text if iMessage unavailable but also you need to deactivate iMessage.

Also:

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did both and now working. Thanks

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions