Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Introducing: Xperia XZ Premium

Haha! Smiley Very Happy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Anonymous

Perhaps a daft question - but given that carphone warehouse have listed the chrome version as exclusive to them, this isn't going to be available on the O2 store is it?

On from that, if I upgraded my refresh contract with CW instead of O2 direct would it still continue to be a refresh contract or just a standard 24 month one?

Thanks
Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,338

You cannot get refresh from CPW, just a standard contract and no, O2 won't be getting the chrome one if CPW have the exclusive, at least not until the end of the agreed period.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

That sucks, on both accounts. I did assume as much though. Awh well, back to a standard contract I go then!

The phone is surprisingly cheap mind you. £40 for 3GB/unlimited/unlimted is far less than I expected.

Cheers

Highlighted

Let us know what you think of it when you get it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Will do. I've been itching to get my finger(print)s on the chrome edition Smiley LOL

Don't suppose you know, but as I'd need to early upgrade my current refresh contract to order the phone (expires 20.08.17) could i get away with just clearing the remaining handset cost - or will CPW push me into clearing the remaining airtime plan as well?

Highlighted
Topics: 83

Cpw won't upgrade u until device refresh cleared.
Clear it with O2 direct, then upgrade in cpw

Highlighted

Yeah, as viridis says, once the device is paid off you can upgrade anywhere without any further monies due.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ah great. So clear just the outstanding device plan with o2 directly, then place the upgrade order with CPW and that's that? No need to pay the line rental plan off even if CPW will put me onto a standard 24m plan?

The CPW live chat girl was useless, just telling me they can't upgrade me from a refresh contract at all.. Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted

Yep that's all you need to do.

Currently using: